Patient Application Process for License/Registration
- Make sure that you have a qualifying condition for medical cannabis use.
- Register with Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program’s Portal system.
- Visit a physician, nurse practitioner, or optometrist participating in the medical cannabis program.
- The medical professional will determine whether you have a qualifying medical condition, and if so, register your certification for medical cannabis use with the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program.
- Within 60 days of medical certification, apply to the Medical Cannabis Program as a patient. You will receive an electronic identification card that can be used at a medical cannabis dispensary.
- First, register with MMCP online Portal. Before entering an application, register with the Medical Cannabis Portal. You will need a valid e-mail address to register, and you will need to create an account name and password.
- Select a starting application type. When you register with the Portal, choose the type of application you intend to make. For new patients, this would be the “Patient” option.
- Verify your Portal registration. You will receive an e-mail message to confirm your registration. Follow its instructions to confirm your new account.
- Start your application. You will be returned to the Portal to sign in with your new username and password and create your application.
Nonresident Qualifying Patients
- The individual has been diagnosed with a debilitating medical condition by a licensed practitioner in his or her respective state of residence.
- The individual is not a resident of the State of Mississippi or has been a resident of the State of Mississippi for less than 45 days.
- The individual has an active identification card for the use of medical cannabis in his/her state of residence.
- Applications can be made up to 30 days before arriving in Mississippi and temporary cards will be valid for 15 days.